Yesterday evening a person driving an SUV struck Eileen Rose Johnson as she was biking on Hazelgreen Road. Johnson later died from the injuries.
From Marion County Sheriff:
On September 6th, 2021, at approximately 7:30 p.m. a 911 caller reported a bicyclist had been struck by a vehicle on Hazelgreen Road NE near 75th Ave NE, east of Salem. The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital by ambulance where they later succumbed to their injuries. The driver of the involved vehicle was not injured in the crash.
The deceased bicyclist has been identified as Eileen Rose Johnson (62) of Salem. The driver of the involved vehicle has been identified as Feliciano Mendez Hernandez (46) of Salem....
Based upon preliminary information, investigators learned the driver of a black Ford Expedition was traveling westbound on Hazelgreen Road NE prior to bicyclist being struck. [map link added]
This post may be updated.
Killed in 2021
- Unknown person (I-5 and Market Street interchange)
- Rachel Bunting (while operating a bus for Cherriots)
- Blake Saville (on bike)
- Christian Kennedy (on Silverton Road)
- Galina Dvorskaya (south Commercial)
- Marlene Moreno (downtown crosswalk)
- Becky Dietzel (on North River Road)
- Unknown person (on Church St downtown)
- Aleta Pierre-Kelly (Mission Street)
- Jaime Le Ann Hall (on skateboard)
- Sharon Pritchard
- Mario Lopez-Lopez (walking a bike)
- Unknown person via SJ (on I-5 near Market St)
- Andrew Otho Polston (biking on Windsor Island Road)
- Jolene Braasch Berry (on bike)
- Richardo Morales Avila (in McMinnville)
- Octavious Calloway (on I-5 near Market St)
- Selma Pierce
- Hermilo Mata Jr.
- Unknown person (on mobility scooter)
- Marshall Leslie
- Linda Adamson (south Salem) and Stephanie Ashford (just outside Salem)
- Jason Libel (on bike)
- Josephine Watkins
- Rodric Kenyon Drolshagen
- Olivia Stroup
- Jaren Nash
- Alex Armes
- Anthony Earnest
- Baxter Harrell
- Unknown (just outside Salem)
- Bradley Goad (in Silverton)