(Also, all the City links are going to be screwed up sometime today as the City rolls to the new site and changes the urls. Sorry about that!)
WSNA meets today, Monday the 3rd, in the minutes from last month there is a large grid of comments on the SKATS TIP from the Land Use Subcommittee. As it's not always clear what they are commenting on in particular, they are a little hard to understand.
|Bolting on to existing OR-22 ramp at Edgewater|
doesn't enhance connectivity very much
|Bolting an overcrosing onto the existing ramp|
Also in the minutes from last month was an interesting map from 1997 of a concept for Marine Drive. It comes from the Wallace Road Local Access and Circulation Study. While this has been mentioned from time to time in the whole SRC debate, I'm not sure anyone has published an image of the map. So that was interesting to see.
|Marine Drive concept in 1997|
|Wallace at Edgewater|
|From Seed of Faith Daycare Hearing Notice|
The Neighborhood Association has already drafted a letter outlining some concerns and request for further information about:
- Traffic on Winter Street which is designated for the Family Friendly Bikeway and is also the location of the Grant Community School bus stop and family pickups;
- Has the applicant contacted all of the adjacent neighbors to receive any of their concerns;
- Has the applicant contacted the Grant Community School Principal to discuss the impact they might have on Winter Street;
- Their east parking lot is currently allowed to be used by Grant School, have changes been discussed with the Grant Community School Principal;
- Has the applicant contacted the Boys & Girls Club to discuss impacts on the neighborhood and traffic and moving students between the daycare site and the club;
- What size buses will be used by the Salem-Keizer School District Transportation Department to transport students to and from this site and can they maneuver the east parking lot and/or can they maneuver the entrance and exit from the public alley onto Gaines and Market streets safely;
- What is the staff size and how will that affect the onsite parking uses.
The Grant Neighborhood Association meeting is on Thursday the 6th at 6:15pm, in the Library of Grant Community School, 725 Market St NE.