|(Photo courtesy of JGEMS Parents Club)|
The Club described it as part of a "Bike-to-School: Healthy Planet & Students" project, which "aimed to encourage students to live healthy lives, while also significantly contributing to the health of our planet."
Members say that
Project components includedNicely done!
A variety of local business generously contributed to make this program possible.
- The installation of a new, attractive, and effective site for bike parking on the shared Oregon School for the Deaf/JGEMS campus.
- A ‘helmet safety’ presentation for all JGEMS students.
- A two-session bike education course (taught by a League of American Bicyclists certified instructor) for interested JGEMS parents, faculty, and students.
- Oregon School for the Deaf
- Gelco Construction: Installation and finishing of a new concrete pad.
- Salem Tent and Awning: Awning supplies and installation.
- The Salem Bicycle Club: Additional donation for awning supplies.
- Saffron Supply: Bike rack construction materials.
- Evolution Auto: Bike rack construction and installation.
- Mid-Valley Metal Works: Powder coating of bike rack.
- LAB certified instructor Gary Obery: Student bike-education classes.
- Salem Hospital RN Kelly Owen: Injury prevention presentation.
- The Little Cannoli Bakery, The Broadway Coffeehouse, Capitol City Theater, Northern Lights Theater & Pub, Frozation Nation, Exit Real World, Cherriots, Big 5 Sports and CashNCarry: Student participant prizes and giveaways.
Thanks too to all the businesses that supported the JGEMS Parents Club and students.